Our baby is 18 months old today. Technically she’s a toddler, but for now she’s still our baby. Five fun facts about Mattea:
1. She weighs a whopping 21 pounds. Yep, she’s a total beast.
2. She can now say Dad, Dog, Cheese*, Bye, Hi, Bub and Chase (her godmother’s dogs). The newest are Ummm and Uhhh, so if you ask her a question she takes the time to think out loud before giving an answer (Me: Mattea do you want to go outside? Mattea: “Ummmmmmm……”)
3. *She will say “cheese” on command and then smile for the camera on our cell phone, but we have the hardest time getting her to smile in front of the actual DSLR camera. Go figure.
4. She’s still sleeping 8:00pm – 8:00am, and usually takes a 2 hour nap during the day. Not sure how we lucked out with that one but we’re enjoying it.
5. She’s a terrible eater (reason for #1). If we can get anything into her it’s only Nutrigrain cereal bars or bananas for breakfast, and she will take a maximum of about 5 bites of the following: cheddar cheese, PB&J toast, hotdogs, Kraft Dinner or chicken.
Mattea, we love you.
Even when you’re refusing to eat your lunch and throwing a colossal tantrum, we love you. We love how much you love the dogs and cat, and how you say “Hi” to each of them every morning. We love your unexpected hugs and cuddles, and especially appreciate the “milk kisses” we get each night as we put you to bed. You are the most perfect mix of sweetness and trouble.
We’re not sure we could love you more if we tried.